Champions League Last 16 Second Legs: Betting Odds & Offers

Following some exciting weekend action in top football leagues, Champions League football returns in midweek as eight teams are vying for four places in the 2017/2018 quarter-finals. 

Liverpool vs FC Porto

This tie is already done and dusted after Liverpool enjoyed a 5-0 triumph in Portugal and with the Reds having since recorded two comfortable wins in the Premier League, odds of . 

As far as team news are concerned, the hosts will be without Georginio Wijnaldum and Ben Woodburn, with Nathaniel Clyne doubtful, whereas Alex Telles, Danilo, Soares and Moussa Marega are missing for the Dragons. 

PSG vs Real Madrid

Having failed to turn their dominance into goals in the first leg, conceding two late goals to suffer a 3-1 defeat, PSG appear to have …

Debuchy holding out for Newcastle switch

Newcastle target Mathieu Debuchy is hoping to complete a move from Lille to the Premier League club before the transfer window closes.

Newcastle had a fresh bid for the France international rejected earlier this month, with Lille coach Rudi Garcia declaring that Debuchy is not for sale.

But the 26-year-old, speaking to Canal+ after his side s 2-1 victory over Saint-Etienne, stated: I don t want to talk about my future.

I heard what the chairman said. The transfer window is open until September 4 (in France). I still want to go. We will see.

Newcastle are pursuing Debuchy after enjoying great success with the capture of Yohan Cabaye from the 2010/11 French champions, with the midfielder proving key to their fifth-place Premier League finish.

Lil…

Swansea set to sign Ki

Swansea City chairman Huw Jenkins has revealed that the Premier League club have agreed terms with Celtic to sign Ki Sung-Yueng.

The Welsh outfit have reportedly had an offer of around five million pounds accepted by the Scottish Premier League champions.

The 23-year-old has been the subject of speculation throughout the close season, with Arsenal and QPR among the other parties rumoured to be interested.

But it now appears that Ki is headed to the Liberty Stadium.

Jenkins told STV: We have agreed a fee with Celtic for Ki. We are currently holding discussion with player and agent over personal terms.

We are aware of other clubs interest but we are hopeful we can conclude a deal in the next 24 hours. We feel he is a very exciting young player who…

Both teams to score at Real Valladolid vs Barcelona 10/11 for Tuesday’s La Liga contest

Market: Both teams to score

Odds: 10/11 @

Looking to make up some ground at the top of the La Liga table, Barcelona will make the trip to the José Zorrilla when they face off against Real Valladolid on Tuesday night.

Starting with the hosts, while Real Valladolid might have opened the 2020/2021 campaign in a hugely worrying fashion, Pucelanos certainly find themselves enjoying their brightest run of the season so far. Putting in a spirited display away at European outfit Sevilla over the weekend, Head Coach Sergio González saw his side snatch a late point on the road and they now find just their goal difference keeping them in the drop zone. Along with managing to extend on their Copa del Rey adventure after landing a routine 5-0 romp against lower league Can…

Arsenal 1-4 Manchester City: Guardiola´s men compound Arteta´s misery

Manchester City booked an EFL Cup semi-final spot and piled more pressure on Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta with a resounding 4-1 win at the Emirates Stadium on Tuesday. 

Arteta, who was Pep Guardiola s assistant at City before taking charge of the Gunners a year ago, has faced questions over his future after a dismal start to the season has left his side languishing in 15th in the Premier League. 

He did not find any respite against his former club, with City – who have won the competition in each of the last three seasons – easing through to the last four after second-half goals from Riyad Mahrez, Phil Foden and Aymeric Laporte. 

Alexandre Lacazette had earlier given the hosts hope of ending a run of three straight home defeats to City when he cancelle…

AS Monaco hopeful of Tiemoue Bakayoko reunion

The Principality Club are keen to bring back midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko from Chelsea, according to a report from .

The French international joined the Stamford Bridge outfit in 2017 but struggled to cement his place in the starting line-up and could be allowed to move back to his homeland once the current season comes to its end.

The 23-year-old has not started a single match for Chelsea since the Watford game in which he was shown a red card and is continually failing to convince Antonio Conte of his ability.

Brought as a direct replacement for departing Nemanja Matic who moved to Manchester United, Bakayoko failed to find his place in the Italian manager’s system.

Bakayoko was one of many players to leave AS Monaco following the season Principality …

Klinsmann says World Cup miss set USA back ´several years´

Former United States coach Jurgen Klinsmann let his disappointment over missing the 2018 World Cup be known.

Klinsmann, who was sacked in November 2016 after a poor start to the final CONCACAF qualifying round, did not have a lot of kind words about the country s future in international football.

It s been set back by several years, Klinsmann said via German site Kicker.

That was a huge disappointment. The qualification really was never in doubt, but then the lads had a blackout versus Trinidad and Tobago. They only needed a point, were too sure of that and underestimated that final match.

After implementing a more international-based team during his time as USA coach, Klinsmann softened his stance on MLS.

Sure, there are a lot of things to c…

Monreal happy at Arsenal

Arsenal full-back Nacho Monreal said he wants to remain at the club, despite reports linking the Spaniard with a move back to his homeland.

La Liga outfit Athletic Bilbao are reportedly interested in signing Monreal, who has a year remaining on his contract.

But Monreal is happy in London, with a contract extension on the agenda.

I have one more year on my contract and I would like to stay, said the 29-year-old, who arrived at the Emirates Stadium from Malaga in 2013.

I am very lucky to play for Arsenal, and am very happy to play for Arsenal. If the boss wants me to stay, I will and I d like to extend my contract.

Monreal and Gibbs battled for the left-back position in 2014-15, but the former started in Arsenal s 4-0 drubbing of Aston Villa in …

Valeri relishing Allegri reunion

Melbourne Victory captain Carl Valeri is relishing the chance to reunite with Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri ahead of their International Champions Cup (ICC) clash on Saturday. 

Juventus touched down in Melbourne on Monday ahead of their two-game ICC campaign, where they will face A-League side Victory and Premier League outfit Tottenham.

Valeri, who returned home to Australia in 2014 following a 12-year stint in Italy, could not contain his excitement ahead of the fixture against Allegri and Co. at the famed MCG.

The 31-year-old was signed on loan by Allegri when the Italian was in charge of SPAL, before being purchased by the 48-year-old when he moved to Grosseto the following season. 

Allegri took charge of Juve in 2014 to replace Antonio Con…

Monk hopes Shelvey´s call-up a sign of things to come

Garry Monk hopes Jonjo Shelvey s call-up to the England squad will pave the way for more of his players to gain international recognition.

The midfielder was included in Roy Hodgson s party for the upcoming Euro 2016 qualifiers against San Marino and Estonia, which gives him the opportunity to add to his solitary cap earned in 2012, also against San Marino.

With the likes of Ki Sung-yueng, Gylfi Sigurdsson and Wilfried Bony, Swansea s squad has a sprinkling of established internationals, and Monk hopes Shelvey s recall can install belief into other players that they can follow in the former Liverpool man s footsteps.

It s excellent news for the player and for the club, he said. It s a great example and a way of showing a pathway to international teams.